Thank you“sadaptation” for the nomination, and readers, Please do check out her blog. She is one of the most sincere and sensitive blogger I have come across. Here are the rules, and I copy paste them, as, it has been done since it’s inception..
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Display the award on your blog
3. Answer a set of 11 questions provided from the blogger that you were nominated by
4. Nominate 11 bloggers, each with under 200 followers
5. Create your own set of questions for your nominations to answer
Warning : my answers are a little boring, so, decide wisely if you want to scroll down the page
1. Which country are you from and what do you like best about it?
I am from India, but I feel a stronger connection to my home state than to the entire country, you see, there are major differences in language, culture, customs and practices among the various states in the country.
I love the cuisine, the language, rich cultural heritage and most importantly “some “of it’s philosophies and outlooks on life.
2. Favourite band/musician and favourite song by them?
No…This is not fair, I have way too many, my music is totally mood oriented. on the top of my head, A.R.Rahaman, Ilayaraja, Leonard cohen, Adele, Amy winehouse, Regina spektor, and the list goes on and on ..
3. Do you have any pets and if yes what are they called?
Used to have a mongrel named subbu , he passed away a few years ago.
4. What is the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
Some facts you need to know before I tell you the dream
I love food, Sometimes I think I just live to eat and I think My mom’s cooking is unbeatable (it’s actually a tie between my mom and my husband) and my brother and I fight over food, I am 28 he is 32(and has a 2 yr old daughter) and still when we sit down to eat, we shamelessly steal food from each other’s plates. I jump up and down a little, kick my feet and roll on the floor when I am upset, ( I know, I am a grown adult, I am working on it guys,)
My mother had made her mouthwatering fish curry (made with tamarind, the tamil style) and chappatis. For some ,She made only a limited number of chappatis ( indian bread) and so, my brother ate most of it, as usual and When I sit down to dinner, I do not have enough… I point accusing fingers at my mom, that she has always been partial to my brother, that she does not love me and I start to kick and stomp my feet in anger,
AND GUESS WHAT? I woke up in my hostel bed, kicking the bed vigorously, the bed had begun to shake under my furious kicks and it is the shaking that woke me up ..
p.s. I think it I went to bed, hungry that night..
5. If you go back in time or forward in time, which would you pick and what time period would you visit?
Backwards in time, when I was seven or eight, when we lived in a smaller version of a small town and some of the best moments of my life are from that period. I was happy, innocent, care free, powerful and most importantly, my dad was with me. I would want to spend at least one more day with him or relive those days. He passed away when I was fifteen and I think in those fifteen years, he showered with so much love, affection and good guidance, enough to last a life time. He was and still is, my best friend.
6. Who inspires you?
Politicians like kamaraj, Thinkers and reformists like periyar, Mother Teresa, Litereay figures like Keats, Maya angelou, Dickens, Toni Morrison, Doris lessing, J.K. Rowling. Charlie chaplin, the mother of Scientist Mendel, who rode hundreds of miles on horseback to enroll him in the school at st.petersburg, so that, he could become a scholar and she died as a result of this strenuous journey. We owe the entire periodic table and the foundation of modern chemistry, to the courage of this one woman….
In everyday life, I take inspiration from my grandmothers and mother(some of the strongest women, I ‘ ve known till date), my husband, for being such a strong self made man,..
7. What would you grab first if your house was on fire (all people are safe, just objects are at risk)?
Photo albums, phone, laptop other memorabilia..
8. What is your favourite season and why?
Monsoon, the rain I love it, when it drizzles, when it pours, when it sudden and drenching, I love how everything looks green and clean after the rains…
9. Favourite sound?
the wind roaring in the sea, the sound of wind when you put a conch over the ear..
10. Favourite book or author?
Such an unbelievably long list, but some of them are mentioned in the inspiration section
11. How did your blog get its name?
It’s about my life, captures all its moods, merry go rounds make me slightly dizzy and scared, but it is also fun, childhood innocence and curiosity, so many colours and craziness, it feels like you are going somewhere but you are just going in circles,…
I nominate the following bloggers
and everybody else, who, is interested in answering my questions, please do…
Here are my questions for you,
1.What would you do if you had ten million dollars/pounds/rupees etc?
2. Rate the following qualities/attributes , that you look for in a relationship or a partner(ascending order)
mental/intellectual stimulation and understanding
physical compatibility or attractiveness
3. top 5 places to visit or vacation
4. What is religion(not god) according to you?
5. Would you call yourself more analytical or creative, give reasons?
6. If you could change one aspect of your life overnight, but have to give up ten years of your life, would you do it and if, yes, then what would it be?
7. Do you believe in the supernatural, magic, or however, you want to call it?
8. Three random facts about you, that we don’t know already
9. How would you like to be perceived by others?
10. Tell us the funniest thing you ever heard or read about
11.Do you like, doing these award nomination Q/A, why?
So, have fun …